Friday, February 22, 2013

foggy friday



I've always been a true introvert at heart.
I learned somewhere along the line that to be an introvert is all about how you charge your batteries.
Extroverts are re-charged by people - going to a party lifts them up and gives them wings for hours and hours.
Introverts may still love parties, but when they get home, they crawl into the fetal position and shut out the world for 3-5 days in order to recover.
That's me.


I love people. I always have, and most likely always will.
I love my friends and I absolutely love planning things and going out and doing weekend trips and having get-togethers. I love girl time, I love holiday parties. But there's definitely an inner balance, a delicate one, that requires me to incorporate my "alone time" into my regular schedule.

I went to Japan with a group in college, and I remember going off into the corner with another introverted guy, and we'd just say to the others, "It's introvert time."
And we'd literally just go into the corner, and sit, staring into the space, saying nothing for as long as possible. We were practically comatose. It was weird but we both really needed it.


Dress: Zulily, Sweater: Target, Tights: Target
Scarf: Gifted via World Market (shop!), Jewelry: Fossil

My amazing husband is such an extrovert, and he has enlivened my life in every possible way. He makes me so much braver than I ever could be alone. I'm so thankful for him.
This weekend he'll be gone for a law-school related getaway (a mediation tournament), so I'll be left to my own devices. While I used to cherish these moments by myself, I'm starting to realize how long it's been since I've had true alone time. Recharging my batteries nowadays usually involves my husband and I having a quiet night in, reading or watching TV and whatnot.
I'm suddenly feeling a bit unnerved, and I'm already wondering what in the world I'm going to do once I get off work and go back to my empty apartment.
But then I already know the answer. Pajamas. TV. Candy. Bubblebath.
It won't be so bad.





















Me and my introverted self are going to have a date this weekend. Get reacquainted.
Hopefully I'll be motivated enough to get some cleaning done, and to utilize my husband's away time well.
But seeing as I've just finished Downton Abbey, this foggy Friday may just be spent drowning my sorrows in sweets and comedy shows to relieve the depression. :)

What are your plans? Also, what are your thoughts on the bright tights?
Not quite as daring as the pink tights but still pretty exciting. Buddy the Elf would be proud.

Happy Friday, all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment