Monday, April 8, 2013

the barristers ball

This past weekend we attended the Barristers' Banquet for my husband's law school.
It's a formal annual event for the entire law school, and serves as a sort of end-of-year celebration for the graduating third year students.

Rather than buying a new outfit, I opted to pull out my Valentine's Day dress for another night out!
It's one of the prettiest dresses I've ever owned, and it deserved a little more time in the spotlight.





These shoes are one of my favorite pairs.
While I could wear them casually on an almost daily basis, I chose to test them out on a much fancier outfit.
I didn't feel like wearing heels, but wanted to play off of the beautiful shimmers in the dress's fabric, so the gold pointed toe did the trick.
Plus the ankle straps and their little gold notches just add to the unique twist of these shoes! I love them.


Dress: Modcloth, Shoes: Ruche (shop!), or Urbanog
Bangle: Kate Spade, Pinky Ring: Vintage (from Etsy)


I absolutely love getting dressed up.
Now that we're out of the high school/college days, the excuses to go all out in formal wear seem to be few and far between. But being in law school has prolonged our school-life departure for a few more years, so I suppose we'll have to make our own fancy occasions when we enter fully into adult life.





 It was a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment