Friday, October 4, 2013

foxy lady

Remember that one time I posted about foxes, and my hunt for the perfect fox sweater?

Well, say hello to it.
After many moons of pining, this fox sweater has found its way to my doorstep.
I'm officially a foxy lady.

Sweater (shop!): JCPenney, Dress (old/Lauren Conrad): Kohl's, Shoes: Poetic License




Today is my birthday! It's the big 25!
I'm currently in Washington DC with my husband and best friend, and it has been a wonderful day so far. Just finished lunch at Good Stuff Eatery (amaaaazing toasted marshmallow shakes!) and are heading to Georgetown this afternoon. 

I've always loved birthdays. Maybe a little bit too much - but I love the celebration, the surprises, the eating out and special treats. I extend it into birthday month, where all rules are out the window and everything is a special occasion. 
In a lot of ways this birthday is a big deal because it feels like the last time I can make a big deal about it in the silly, childlike way that I do - the next "big" birthdays are pretty far away. 30, 40, 50. They start getting less significant, more about the next generation of birthdays - children, nieces, nephews, etc. 
More laid back, more low key. 
I think I can transition into that, but...not yet.








No comments:

Post a Comment