Thursday, October 8, 2015

grown ups {frocktober, day 5 + 6}



Outfit 1:
Dress (remixed 1, 2): gifted // Leggings (shop!): Pink Blush Maternity
Outfit 2:
Dress (remixed 1, 2, 3, 4, 5): Ruche // Sweater (similar): LOFT


I think I've worn this aztec dress more than anything else in my wardrobe. It has become more of a long tank top in my current ballooned state, but it's still my go-to for a bright, comfortable dress. The 6th was rainy and cool, and it finally felt a little like Fall. I immediately brought out this grey knit sweater, which I bought this past summer in anticipation of a winter pregnancy. I got it for $10 at LOFT on super sale, and it has been sitting with its tags on just waiting for a day like this. I was so thrilled to finally put it on. The day I picked that sweater out does not seem that long ago, and I'm a little bit shocked at how the time has flown by. Here I am, wearing this time capsule sweater, 28 weeks pregnant and dreaming about that wintery breeze in the air.

This week has definitely been a reminder that I am a grown up. Sometimes it doesn't feel that way. Sometimes, while living with my parents and playing with kittens and planning weekend shenanigans, it completely escapes my notice that I'm in my late twenties and am about to move into a real house and have a baby. 

I turned 27 on Monday and the day just kind of whispered by. I kept shocking myself by being so calm about it. I've always loved birthdays a little too much - last year we had a fantastic s'mores bar bonfire party. This year snuck up on me, and I didn't plan a single thing. I remember being in a bit of a funk last year, too, and I think it's because I'm realizing that I can't quite accomplish the exuberance I've always reserved for birthday month anymore. It seems like something I should grow out of. Truthfully, I don't want to grow out of it - the thought makes me quite sad. But this year, it felt okay to be a grown up. To pay attention to more important things, and refrain from forcing focus on myself. My birthday was simple and lovely - I went to work, had lunch at my favorite cafe, gathered with my family for a delicious Chinese take-out dinner, and ended with my grandma's blueberry bread pudding for dessert. 

As this month progresses (I'm still quietly celebrating birthday month), the greatest birthday gift I can possibly imagine would be to finally move in to our house. We're also going to visit our besties in North Carolina on the 29th, which will be the perfect way to end this October. There are so many things to look forward to. Each day brings us closer to house, travel, holidays, and baby! Yes. Being a grown up is pretty grand.







No comments:

Post a Comment